ACL Rolling Review (ARR) is a centralized reviewing service targeting top-tier conferences
under the Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Built atop the OpenReview platform, ARR implements the initial stages of conference reviewing in 2 month cycles,
culminating in the release to authors of reviews and a metareview.
- Authors may submit a revision to a subsequent ARR cycle and request the same or new reviewers.
- Reviews are decoupled from acceptance decisions: as long as a paper has reviews and has not yet been accepted by a venue,
the authors can choose among participating venues, whose program committees will consider the already-reviewed papers for acceptance.
For further information about submitting, see the page for Authors.
ARR began with a 2020 proposal.
As of mid-2023, it has evolved with experience and feedback from the community.
In 2024, the ACL, EACL, and NAACL main conferences will use ARR as the sole submission system.
Other venues may adopt ARR as well. The ARR team continues to welcome input on the design of the review process.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Opening for Communications Team members
We have openings for members of a new “communications team.” This role (alongside the current communications lead) would encompass website updates, social media presence, and triaging/responding to support email. To apply, contact
editors at aclrollingreview.org.
Opening for technical staff
We are looking for a few extra members of the technical staff, who implement the OpenReview interface, automated systems for reviewer management, paper-reviewer matching, etc. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick self-introduction if interested!
We have added a dates page.
- Authors, refer to this page for a list of ARR participating venues and important dates.
- Reviewers and action editors, refer to this page for relevant dates each month.
- Conference and workshop organizers, refer to this page to figure out what the last ARR submission date should be for submissions to your venue. Contact us to have your venue added.
Opening for a PR Lead
We have an opening for a PR lead. Responsibilities: maintain website; manage social media presence; liaise with ACL publicity chairs. To apply, contact editors at aclrollingreview.org.
Action Editors and Reviewers
We are sending invitations out to action editors and reviewers. And we have submissions!! Thank you for volunteering, responding to invites, submitting!
Please create / update your Open Review profile so we can do good conflict of interest handling and paper matching.
ACL Conferences and Workshops and ARR
if you are running an ACL-affiliated conference or workshop, you can use ARR to accept submissions! Please contact the ARR editors (email@example.com) and we will be happy to set it up for you.